Mission & Scope
The NEASC Commission on International Education (CIE) evaluates, accredits, and supports international educational institutions and programs from early childhood through secondary school in accordance with standards of best educational practice. CIE leads educational discourse and action, is a catalyst for innovation, and advocates for ethical conduct in education.
- CIE aspires to be the leading accreditor of international Pre-School-12 international educational institutions and programs.
- CIE develops Standards and Indicators that are aligned with best educational practice and validated by research.
- CIE supports member institutions committed to self-reflection, critical review and continuous improvement.
- CIE promotes transformative approaches to teaching and learning.
- CIE models its Mission by inviting peer review and externally moderated evaluation.
- CIE initiates and participates in future-oriented educational forums and discussions.
- CIE develops joint projects, accreditation protocols, and services in collaboration with other NEASC Commissions (e.g. Commissions on Independent Schools, Public Schools, and Institutions of Higher Education).